Answered By: Cathy Timmer
Last Updated: Mar 16, 2017     Views: 30

This will depend on the type of paper you are writing and on your teacher's instructions. Research papers are usually written in the third person, but if you have been asked to write a personal essay, it may be okay to use "I." When in doubt, ask your instructor for clarification.

For help with paper writing, you may also contact TCL's Tutoring Center:

Beaufort Campus (Building 12)- Telephone: 843-525-8221
New River Campus Library- Telephone: 843-470-6003

You can schedule an appointment with a writing tutor by following this link (, by calling one of the numbers above, or by stopping in the Beaufort Tutoring Center or the New River library.

Additionally, you can upload your paper by filling out the form at this link: Please allow up to three days for a response.

Related Topics

Contact Us