Answered By: Cathy Goodwin Last Updated: May 24, 2021 Views: 38
The TCL library has a limited number of free mobile hotspots available to TCL students. These MiFi hotspots may be kept after the conclusion of the semester -- they do not need to be returned to the TCL library.
Note: The mobile service will be terminated June 30, 2021. To continue using the mobile hotspot after that time, you must contact the mobile service provider (Verizon or AT&T) to purchase a plan.
The following terms and conditions apply:
- Hotspots are only available to TCL students who do not already have Internet access at home.
- Hotspots are only available to students who have a need due to the public health emergency caused by Covid-19.
- You must be registered for classes in the current semester to request a hotspot.
- You must have a computer or other device to connect to the mobile hotspot. (Note that TCL has a limited supply of laptops available for student checkout. To request a laptop, use this form. All laptops will be due back to the TCL library at the end of the semester.)
- All technical difficulties with the mobile hotspot must be reported to the mobile service provider (Verizon or AT&T)