Answered By: Sasha Bishop Last Updated: May 16, 2017 Views: 34
Students at TCL may have several options to find textbooks for their classes.
1) Check the library's catalog. The library does not typically purchase course textbooks, but your instructors may put copies of course textbooks on reserve at the library.
2) Check the PASCAL Delivers library catalog. This will search books in all SC college libraries, and you can request books to be delivered to the Beaufort campus library. It generally takes 2-4 days to receive a book via PASCAL Delivers, and you can keep it for 6 weeks. More information regarding Pascal Delivers is in a TCL LibGuide.
3) The Technical College of the Lowcountry Foundation provides a textbook lending program. The Foundation only has textbooks available that have been donated. Copies of every textbook are not available. The program operates on a first come, first served basis. For more information, view the Student Scholarships and Support page of the TCL Foundation.
4) The Veteran's Resource Center sometimes has donated textbooks as well. If you are a veteran, check the VRC in Building 12/107.
4) The Bookstore also offers a guide on ways to pay for books. Check the TCL Bookstore Information guide and see if any other financial assistance would be an option for you. For example, renting textbooks may be an option for some course texts.